Inspiration for the packaging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikalh78, Sep 22, 2014.

1. mikalh78 macrumors regular

Oct 21, 2008
    So I was listening to the radio and the DJ mentioned the Beatles' White Album and that got me thinking: Did they get insipration from this album? Maybe I'm just thinking too deep. If you look at the images of the album and the package itself for the 6 and 6 plus they look similar. I'm a graphic designer who is a package nerd and love to try to figure out where they get their inspiration from.

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Jun 30, 2011
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Also the packaging looks similar to every other white surface... because, you know, it's just plain white :)
  3. NATO macrumors 68000

Feb 14, 2005
    Northern Ireland
    Personally I just think there was a problem with the printing process but they just stuck them out that way anyway! :rolleyes:
  4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Jun 18, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the inspiration. That part of Apple seems like it's still heavily influenced by Steve — U2, the Beatles, etc.
  5. matrix07 macrumors 601

Jun 24, 2010
    Personally I think it was inspired by.. a brick. Maybe a bit with a The Beatles. But looking at it, it shows the level of confidence in the product you've never seen since.. I don't know since when. :p