Inspiration for the packaging?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikalh78, Sep 22, 2014.

1. mikalh78 macrumors regular

So I was listening to the radio and the DJ mentioned the Beatles' White Album and that got me thinking: Did they get insipration from this album? Maybe I'm just thinking too deep. If you look at the images of the album and the package itself for the 6 and 6 plus they look similar. I'm a graphic designer who is a package nerd and love to try to figure out where they get their inspiration from.

[​IMG]

2. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Also the packaging looks similar to every other white surface... because, you know, it's just plain white :)

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Personally I just think there was a problem with the printing process but they just stuck them out that way anyway! :rolleyes:

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was part of the inspiration. That part of Apple seems like it's still heavily influenced by Steve — U2, the Beatles, etc.

5. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Personally I think it was inspired by.. a brick. Maybe a bit with a The Beatles. But looking at it, it shows the level of confidence in the product you've never seen since.. I don't know since when. :p