Inspiring ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by diipii, Feb 3, 2015.

1. diipii macrumors 6502a

I have just noticed in the buyers guide for "Macs" that only one model is recommended to buy and that's the emasculated MacMini. This is not an inspiring picture. Is Apple losing the plot with computers ?

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The Buyer's Guide page helps people decide if it's the right time to buy a product by counting the time between releases. The Mac mini is green simply because it was more recently released, and if they had a separate category for the Retina iMac it would be green as well.

Updates for many of the products not in green will be coming throughout the year.

3. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

This happens from time to time because it has been a few months since the last product cycle but new stuffs haven't dropped yet. I think the Thunderbolt display has been listed as don't buy for about three years now lol.

If you need a computer, you need a computer. Current line of Macs are still quality products (barring some price vs. value arguments that could be made) but this is good to go by if you are making do with your existing setup or want a good estimate of the time since the last update.

I wouldn't be hesitant to go buy i.e. a Macbook Pro if you need a new laptop. It is still a great computer and will be a great computer even after the Broadwell refresh hits.