Inspiron Duo

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgW7X2YQUjY

I must say, it does look pretty impressive. I think it's a creative solution that completes the bridge between Tablet and Laptop.

I want to say that this could potentially ruin laptop sales, and maybe even tablet too.

It's the best of both worlds, and looks pretty good. Costs $550.

Thoughts?

2. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

It's a laptop, with a touchscreen. Just like they have been trying to do for ten years. It has Win 7 Home (useless for corporate users), an intel Atom CPU, Intel integrated intel graphics and only 2gigs of ram.

Let me correct myself, it's a net book with a touchscreen.

It's not an iPad, and even though other tablets get discussed on here, it's a net book, with a touch screen. Wrong forum.

3. doboy macrumors 68000

I remember Engadget review wasn't so favorable.

4. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

After buying a netbook and realizing it's (as Steve said in the iPad introduction) not good at anything. It's awkward or doesn't work at all. Slap a touch screen on that combo and it's just terrible. A touch screen laptop with a desktop os just isn't going to work.

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Looks like a miserable tradeoff between a netbook and a tablet. Jack of half trades master of nil.

The review I just watched looked like a horrible horrible experience. Laggy, slow, poor viewing angle, fingerprint magnet..

pass.

7. Highcroft macrumors regular

Exactly. For $500, I'd rather get a fairly powerful laptop like the Thinkpad x120e or an iPad. Not a compromise between the two.