Instacast for Mac, why buy a license?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jayem1234, Oct 9, 2013.

1. jayem1234 macrumors regular

I went to the Instacast website and downloaded the app straight from there. I see on their site that there's an option to buy a license, but the app works fine without one. So why in the world would I buy a license? Are there some benefits I'm missing right now without one?

2. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Instacast for Mac offers a 14 day free trial. After two weeks you won't be able to launch the app without a valid license. Vemedio is one of the many cool Mac devs who let you try before you buy. :)

You should consider buying a license though, it's well worth it. The Downcast Mac app is pretty crappy (though it's fine on iOS). Instacast is the best combo for Mac + iOS podcast syncing. I use both apps daily, no complaints.

3. SBPatterson macrumors newbie

Will have to agree with NMF. Instacast is the only app that I have found will reliably sync between Mac app and iOS app. Listen on iOS on way in and then able to pick up on desktop version seamlessly. Awesome!!

4. tlaw81 macrumors member

iTunes

I've actually given up Instacast and Downcast and returned to using the Podcast app. It syncs between my Apple TV and iTunes through iCloud. It's been working just fine for me lately. And, best of all, it's free. Not as "fancy", but free. :apple:

5. jayem1234 thread starter macrumors regular

Well that would explain things. I agreee; it's a fantastic app but $25 is a lot to spend just for podcast listening. I will have to think on it for a few days.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!