Instagram Crashes on Sign-In, Iphone 6

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jessmarie482, Sep 28, 2015.

1. jessmarie482 macrumors newbie

jessmarie482

Hi everyone! Just noticed this problem today and have no idea how to fix it. Every time I try to sign in to Instagram on my Iphone 6, it crashes immediately before the home feed even loads. I've tried signing in on multiple accounts. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and restarting iphone multiple times - no luck. Am running iOS 9.0.1. I really need to use Instagram for work and am desperate for a solution! Any ideas? :(

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it?

There is a noted issue with sign ins after Today's update. Removing and reinstalling seems to solve it though

3. jessmarie482 thread starter macrumors newbie

jessmarie482

Hmm, yeah, reinstalling doesn't seem to be working for me. Tried three times already! But thanks for the reply :)

4. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

It would help if you mentioned what version of the app that you're running. They just released 7.7 a couple of hours ago. Make sure you have the latest version.

5. jessmarie482 thread starter macrumors newbie

jessmarie482

Yep, I'm using 7.7! Updated it as soon as I saw. Problem still happening unfortunately.

6. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

It's a sign. Stop using Instagram. It is awful. Who wants to limit pictures to squares anyway?

7. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Hmm, uninstall app, shut down phone and wait at least 10 seconds, then turn phone back on. Install app and attempt to login?

The reboot might help to delete additional system files.

Getting help on Instagram issues can be extremely difficult considering they don't have a place to submit a support ticket.

8. jessmarie482 thread starter macrumors newbie

jessmarie482

Just tried that, even waited five minutes, and still no luck :( Thanks for the tip though.

And yes, and only way to get in to try and report a problem is from within the app, which doesn't help me since I can't get past the sign-in page! Very frustrating.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It's not limited any more

10. Sandraeduc macrumors newbie

Sandraeduc

Did you ever have the problem fixed? I am having the same problem with the instagram app on my ipad mini. I use iOs 9.1 and have the latest instagram version. Removing the app and rebooting does not help. This is driving me crazy... (On my iphone 6 the app continues to work perfectly well...)

11. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Instagram support is awful. I can't add my sister as a friend. Every time I try, it just acts like I never sent a request.

I tried submitting a support email or whatever and of course I never heard back. They just all get sent to an unmonitored email inbox.