Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Instagram Gains Support for iOS 13's Dark Mode

dz5b609

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2019
yes because dark mode is the best thing ever made since sliced bread! :rolleyes: I always see sites saying this app or that app just got dark mode like they just invented something! If anything, it hurts my eyes after a while and I go back to the light mode.

If dark mode is hurting your eyes then there's something seriously wrong with your eyes.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
I can’t use dark mode when there’s A lot of light it’s annoying

It’s probably the contrast that’s killing your eyes? Lower your brightness!

I cringe when I go to a movie theater and notice in the dark, people tend to have their phones at max brightness at all times?!?! No wonder people complain about their eyes all the time.

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
Didn’t notice until the morning when I opened it to check it. Nice. Facebook next and I’ll be set. Now for websites to also go dark when enabled in system settings.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68040
Oct 17, 2010
Didn’t notice until the morning when I opened it to check it. Nice. Facebook next and I’ll be set. Now for websites to also go dark when enabled in system settings.
The “body” of emails in the mail app are all white and it’s so distracting when dark mode is enabled, how do you get used to that?

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
The “body” of emails in the mail app are all white and it’s so distracting when dark mode is enabled, how do you get used to that?

Usually I’m not looking at emails late at night and also my brightness level is all the way down, so it’s not super glaring to me.

tranceking26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
Am I missing something? I'm on the latest version of iOS with dark mode enabled, but the latest version of instagram is still in light mode. Where's the toggle?

cgs1xx

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2018
London, UK
it looks great but I hate that it relies on the opted display setting on the phone ... you should be able to switch the dark them on per app.

bpeeps

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2011
Fix iOS notifications disappearing when you get a DM !!!!

darkmode looks ok tho ??
END WORLD HUNGER !!!!1

The job market is pretty good right now.

ignatius345

macrumors 68040
Aug 20, 2015
I must be the only person that doesn’t want Dark Mode Lol. Personally not interested at all. I’m glad it’s a feature though.
Yeah, I think it looks horrible in a lot of apps, particularly image-heavy ones. I really like being able to set it in different apps, and one unfortunate byproduct of system-wide dark mode is that some apps have abandoned their native dark mode. In Things, for example, you used to be able to have it automatically switch based on brightness, which was great. Gone now.

Reactions: newyorksole

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
it looks great but I hate that it relies on the opted display setting on the phone ... you should be able to switch the dark them on per app.

I'm sure they will add that in a future update.. It makes too much sense... on/off or Auto... It's so simple and logical.

Reactions: cgs1xx

Bawstun

macrumors 68000
Jun 25, 2009
Go Android.

I think not. It is quite easy for Instagram to make a simple option in settings:

Display/Theme/Appearance (choose one): light / dark / automatic

This way I can select dark and make it non-dependent on the overall iOS system setting, which is better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.