Instagram headed in the wrong direction?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Moonshiner, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Moonshiner macrumors newbie

Does anyone else feel that Instagram is cluttered with unoriginal photos taken from the internet? What I use to like about Instagram was that users posted photos taken by themselves rather than taking a photo from Google then adding a filter to it and posting it on their page. A lot of the photos on the popular page aren't even taken with the iPhone which in my opinion goes against Instagram's purpose. What do you guys think?

2. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

LifeInLoFi

That's just one of Instagram's many growing problems. There are other social photo networks and many of them don't have the problem of people snagging and reposting others' works. Unfortunately, Instagram captured "the magic" and has far more users than its competitors. I was on Shnap for a while. I like a lot of the controls the app and network has. But I rarely post to social photo for the time being.

There should be a way to report copyright violation. As an artist, if my work was pirated and then passed off as someone else's I'd be really pissed. There probably is a way to report flagrant abusers of copyright violation to Instagram, but I suspect it's not easy to do within the app and has to be done through the website.

Best thing to do is to unfollow anyone who simply posts others' work.

It's unfortunate, but if you want to play in Instagram's sandbox, you have to maneuver through a lot of crap to get to the good stuff.

=M=

3. foxyfabio macrumors member

I absolutely hate it. It's turning into Tumblr... :(

4. lolwutalan macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

All the photos that I post have been taken by me on my iPhone.
    Sometimes I see what's popular and itm's pictures taken on an SLR and uploaded.
    It's ridiculous.

I bet if the app only allowed you to upload a photo that you snapped in real-time, it would help the problem.