Instagram Introduces New Organizational Tool for Saved Posts Called 'Collections'

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Four months after giving its users the ability to save posts to view them later, Instagram today announced a new update that will allow for more organization within saved posts. Called "Collections," users on iOS and Android can now place any Instagram post they've saved into specific categories, so it's even easier to revisit them later.

[​IMG]

Now when users save a post using the bookmark icon, they can choose to add it to one of their own previously made collections, or create a new one. To get to saved posts and collections, visit your own profile tab and then tap the bookmark icon. Saved posts and collections are private, and can only be viewed by the person who has saved them.

According to Instagram, 46 percent of its users have saved at least one post since December. The company said that the best ideas for creating saved posts and collections include: planning a vacation, keeping a visual memory of your favorite Instagrammer's artwork, or having a funny animal video always at the ready.

Instagram is available on the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Instagram Introduces New Organizational Tool for Saved Posts Called 'Collections'

2. otozuz macrumors member

3. OneBagTravel macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

The last new feature I've actually used in Instagram has been the ability to take photos and upload them.

4. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

I feel that Instagram continuously adds useful features that I see myself and the community actually using. This'll be another one. Good stuff.

5. Pineapple24 macrumors member

Pineapple24

Saved posts is such a cool feature, but yes it was starting to feel cluttered.

This is definitely a welcomed addition

6. PipSeg, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  7. OneBagTravel macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

I use it almost daily, just not the new junk they've added since the initial release, but thanks anyway.

8. PipSeg, Apr 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  9. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

This update was needed. Easy to find old post.

10. ManojOne macrumors newbie

ManojOne

11. jaymie1983 macrumors member

jaymie1983

Awesome, this is a great addition to instagram :)