Instagram's vulnerability!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Instagrambug, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Instagrambug macrumors newbie

Everyone's a moderator on Instagram!

Instagram's a great app but there has recently been a discovery about a bug/vulnerability in their system, quite a big bug actually.

Basically, you and every other user on instagram has the power to kick/drop ANYONE off of the popular/explore page.

Don't like Kim Kardashian's duck face poses splashed all over the popular page?
    Bored of One Direction and Justin Bieber fangirls posting pictures of the boys 24/7?
    Sick of looking at the same old sunset photos?
    Had enough of shots of nails/shoes/food/pets dominating the popular page?
    Don't like Nike because you're an Adidas kind of person?

...Well worry not! YOU have the power to remove them. You and a tiny little button under their photo called 'Report Inappropriate'.

Click it several times whilst they are in the popular page and you can banish anyone you like from that page within seconds.

This is not a joke. The problem has been posted on Instagram, emails have been written, calls have been made and it's on the Instagram Api forums, but so far there has been no action from Instagram!

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/instagram-api-developers/RxadeV_C10A

2. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Doesn't Facebook now own Instagram? Don't know if FB is doing much with it.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Figures this would happen right when I've misplaced my torches and pitchforks....

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Oh, man...how will I ever survive if photos of Starbucks coffee cups with a 1972 filter applied to them are taken away????