General InstaLauncher, a really nice app launcher

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Regal, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Regal macrumors regular

Regal

Just discovered this fantastic app launcher tweak today and thought i would share it with you, now comes with full iOS 7 support for both iPod, iPhone & iPad.
    I have tried it on my iPhone 5 iOS7.0.4 and it works great!

Can be downloaded for $1.99 in cydia.

See video for demonstration:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTl4nzKsSWE

Anyone else using it?

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Tried it, but didn't like it. I only have two pages of apps so it was still just easier and quicker to select the app the normal way. Maybe if I had a hundred apps this would be useful.

Nice tweak though, but just no functionality for me. It's not faster or more intuitive or anything that makes it worth the cost for me.

3. ominx macrumors 6502

Just found this tweak yesterday myself. So far I am really loving it. Clearly if you are on your home screen the usefulness may be questionable for some users (still way better that launching with spotlight), but it really becomes unbelievably convenient and quick to launch apps while you are in another app. It's like a full featured auto-hide dock that allows for quick multitasking.

For me, it has replaced the stock switcher since I now have all my favorite apps accessible with a simple swipe up from screen bottom right via activator (be sure to also add "do nothing" if you use this assignment to keep stock control center from opening). I find it faster than using the switcher and control center's quick launch which gets cumbersome when having more than 5 app launches and having to "page" through them.

Now only if I can figure out a way to relabel "favourites" to the proper spelling of "favorites" ;)