Instaling leopard...HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tMac85, Jan 27, 2008.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

Ok so I just got a mac mini, and it came with Leopard. Can I take those disks that came with the mini and put them in my 'tiger' laptop and upgrade the laptop to a leopard machine?

if so what about all my pics and music. Wil it keep all those on my computer?

Thanks again guys for the help.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Legally and morally? No

Technically: depends if they are retail discs or if the are restore discs for the Mini: full retail yes but you'll feel bad, restore discs: no, they are locked to only install on a Mini.

3. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

It's probably a single user so probably not. You can only do multiple installs if you get a family pack. Also, if you were to upgrade eventually, nothing would change with your files.

4. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

ok so what this this morally ill feel bad stuff. I mean, I paid for both machines its not like i couldnt take the disk if it worked and put it on my machine. im not passing it out to my friends to use, nor are they doing that for me. i really dont see why i would feel so bad.

anyway. it was worth a shot to see if that would work so i could use time machine with both. oh well.
    thanks again