Instaling Vista through Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kriv, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Kriv macrumors newbie

To intall vista through bootcamp do I need a full vista cd, orcan I use a upgrade cd? I've checked some thread about it, and I'm only more confused than ever. Thanks the help

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

You got XP?

No = you need full.
    Yes = you can use upgrade.

It's not that complicated...

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

If you're going to install Vista, it has to be the full install CD. Buy the OEM version from NewEgg, it's cheaper.

4. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I have the full version of XP SP2, and an Upgrade version of Vista Ultimate (32 & 64-bit).

I'd ultimately like to get Vista Ultimate 64 installed on my Mac Pro. What are my options here?

On my former Windows machine (now a Linux host), I simply installed Vista Ultimate Upgrade, then re-installed over the previous copy to comply with Microsoft's rules on upgrading.

Can I do the same in Bootcamp?

I suppose my only other option would be to install XP, then upgrade to Vista Ultimate, though that would mean I could only upgrade to the 32-bit version which would be a problem because I need it to recognize the full 10GB of Ram I have installed.

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

the version of vista ultimate i purchased from my university said upgrade on the dvd and i was able to install the full version without any prior windows

6. ecojoe macrumors newbie

Yes, it works fine using that method

7. jb60606 macrumors 6502a