Install 4.3.3 on 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Enjoylife1788, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hi guys, I have an iPad 2 3G. And had 4.3.3 since I bought it. But my iPad has started acting weird of late. Battery draining like mad. So I would like to restore as new. Is it possible?

I know downgrading from 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 is not possible because of baseband issue. But m already on 4.3.3 and have saved my SHSH blobs for the same. So has anyone ever done this after apple stopped signing 4.3.3?

Please reply fast as I might have only a day left. After 12th apple will start signing iOS 5.

2. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did it . Was so happy when I could. My advice to 4.3.3 users. If u have SHSH blobs saved and having some issues with 4.3.3. It might the last few days u can restore. After apple stops signing 4.3.5, it's the end of the road.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Huh? Where did you hear this? I always thought once you saved SHSH, it didn't matter what Apple did, you could always restore to that firmware.

4. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

if you have a WIFI IPAD with saved 4.3.3 SHSH, you can restore all day everyday and twice on sundays no matter what FW you currently have. But if its a 3G IPAD upgraded to 4.3.5, then you're SOL even with SHSH saved.

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

The OP said he had 4.3.3 not 4.3.5 on a 3G iPad 2 so your answer doesn't apply.

The question is, if you have SHSH saved and you are currently on 4.3.3 on a 3G iPad can you continue to restore 4.3.3 (as long as you don't load 4.3.5)?

I'd like to know the answer as well.

6. DJBBOX, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

it does not matters whether you have a WiFi or 3G iPad for as long as you have shsh blobs saved for the firmware you want to restore to, you can restore anytime. just point the server where you saved the shsh blobs (I'm guessing Cydia) and thats it.
    edited:
    ok i see people have been having trouble restoring because of a baseband issue. i think if you already have the latest baseband and then restore to 4.3.3, the only issue will be to kick the device out of recovery loop, but there is no tools that will currently do this for the iPad2.

7. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what. Kicking out of recovery won't help u either. Because now apple signs both, firmware and baseband. So after apple stops signing 4.3.5, which is hardly few hours from now, it will be impossible to restore in spite of SHSH saved. Because u will be having only firmware SHSH and not of the baseband. So until it detects both the SHSH
    , it will push u in recovery. After which, neither TINYUMBRELLA nor FIXRECOVERY can kick you out of recovery, at least with my experience.

8. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

But what I did was I started TSS server from tiny umbrella, and when the status bar was at almost 80 percent, I stopped the server( assuming that's when it checks foe baseband) and iTunes could easily verify my baseband which is same with 4.3.5. So I was successful. Please correct me if m wrong. But that's what my experience has been.

Over all, I am happy I could do it just in nick of time. My iPad is all fine now with no battery issues and feels fresh too. :)

9. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

yes thats what i was referring to. if you restore from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 still preserving the 4.3.5 baseband, then everything should be ok and apparently it did.