Install a 1tb hard drive on my pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cheshercat, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Cheshercat macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been realising that i need to free up space on my mac but most of the stuff is important. So I was wondering if there was anyway to install a hard drive (preferably 1tb) into my macbook pro 13' mid 2014 (my mac doesnt have a disk drive).

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

No, not in a 2014 Retina MacBookPro, there is no room for a 2.5" SATA drive. The existing internal drive is flash storage with a proprietary Apple PCIe connection. There are no 3rd party replacements available.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

As stated, you can't upgrade the drive. While you state the data is important, so you need it available all the time? If not, get a portable USB drive and archive all the stuff you son't need immediate access to. Be sure to backup the archived files in addition to your main drive.

4. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

5. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Yes - here is one that works on Thunderbolt or USB3: http://amzn.com/B00NV9LTFW

6. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

The link does not work for me. :(

7. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

8. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Get a 1 TB SSD and put it into any USB 3 enclosure that does USAP for the fastest read/write. You can now get 2TB SSD. Donn't forget that your backup drive that is used by Time Machine or CCC needs to be large enough to backup both the internal drive and the new external drive.