Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolutecarla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
I tried to open installer this morning but for some reason it gets stuck on updating sources. I don't know what to do and I'm freaking out. I have excellent wifi connection. When It hangs, I have to press the home key a couple of times just so it would go back to the springboard. Can anyone tell me what to do:eek:

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
yeh you wait for it to complete the update, if it hangs for too long hold the lock/wake and home buttons till ipod turns off then simply turn ipod back on

absolutecarla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
yeh you wait for it to complete the update, if it hangs for too long hold the lock/wake and home buttons till ipod turns off then simply turn ipod back on

done that a couple of times already and it's still not working

radioradio

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
Same problem

I have the same problem in the UK..

Either Apple have spiked Installer, or maybe it is hanging because some of the repositories are off-line.

All the apps seem to work and I can SFTP into my (modified) iPod.
I can see all the directories..

I could manually copy across Installer if I could be bothered but I suspect it is something at the Internet level blocking Installer..

ANY ONE ELSE have the same problems, or any idea??

Cheers.

radioradio

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
All ok..

Well, I went away under my wife's 'WRAP CHRISTMAS PRESENTS OR DIE' program for 20 mins or so... and came back.

And all was working ok..

So - the key is to wait I think..

(Or maybe go pack Christmas Presents..................................)

ShanePod

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Canada
updating sources takes forever.. anyone know which sources don't work or i probably wont need for the basic good apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.