Install App Twice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BrieCoquette, Mar 4, 2013.

1. BrieCoquette macrumors newbie

I am a burlesque dancer and have a facebook and instagram account for my burlesque life and personal life.
    I need to have both apps downloaded and open at the same time.
    Is this possible?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

No. The app must support multiple account log ins which they don't.

3. Obyboby macrumors newbie

There is actually a method.. You need to copy the .ipa on your computer and then edit some strings in one .plist, then sync it again. The "clone" won't be updated, while the "original" one will, but you'll be able to use two different accounts. I don't know if this is still possible on the latest iTunes/iOS, but people please have a look around the web before replying :\

Ps sorry if I'm not giving a step by step guide, But I can't remember the procedure :p I'm pretty sure the method exists, tho.

4. mapledress macrumors regular

Nope.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You could find and install other apps that give you access to your Facebook, Instagram, and/or other services and use other accounts in those (while you are using another set in the native apps). Some of these alternative apps are MyPad, Facely, HootSuite, etc.

6. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Yes it is possible if you have a jailbroken iPhone. I have done this. Installed same app 8 times (8 copies of same app i mean), yes 8 times but that was for a reason i would not like to mention here. All the 8 duplicate apps had separate logins and all were operational at the same time.
    I am sure you will need the Mobile Terminal from cydia.

I am pretty sure there is a cydia app or something you need to download along with the mobile terminal to make this work. Application duplication or something.
    Need to run some basic commands and yes you will need root access on your iPhone and default password is "alpine" to be used in Mobile Terminal.