Install.app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shrimpdesign, Aug 19, 2007.

1. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

Features a command-line tool to install itself onto your iPhone, including jailbreaking it and downloading the right firmware.

From there it's easy to install 3rd party applications without a Mac. All you need is Wi-fi or EGDE and you can install apps like the NES emulator, Lights Out, MobileTerminal, VNotes (voice recorder) or Apache.

2. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

3. linshiwen macrumors member

OK I am a complete noob when it comes to using terminal and commands and such, so even their new "We now have a single command Mac (PPC & Intel) installer for Installer.app, get it here." is beyond me.

The folder contains Installer (which is for the iphone, I assume), fstab, libarmfp.dylib, README, Services.plist, get_installer.sh, and bootstrapper. The readme simply says "Bootstrap to tranfer Installer.app to iPhone

Please run get_installer.sh"

How do I run it? When I run bootstrapper, it says 694-5259-38.dmg could not be opened for reading.
    logout
    [Process completed]

and I cant "run" anything from there..

like I said, I dont really know what Im doing. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really like to get in on the 3rd party app action.

thanks

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

i've been using this for about a week or so now. LOVE it! such a great way to download new apps and keep your current ones updated.

5. linshiwen macrumors member

6. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

You use iPhone Apper's install method to install them. Installer.app only understands a certain package format.