Install apps from browser

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by etaleb, Apr 13, 2017.

1. etaleb macrumors member

guys - just moved from android where you can go to play.google.com, find an app and just install it on phone directly from there. Any similar functionality with iphone and app store? It helps when you are researching bunch of apps and using desktop is easy

Thx

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

So are you looking to do this somehow from a desktop? Or doing it right on the device?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OP is meaning from a browser on a computer.

As OP said, you can go there, look through apps and then instruct those apps to install on your device. Since your Google account has your device, the next time the device phones home Google installs the app.

OP, the iPhone does not work this way (although I wish it did). You have to access the app store on the device itself. You can look it up online using a browser on the device, but it will redirect you to the app store if you install.

Alternatively, you can have the app store open iTunes and download the app. The next time you sync your device using iTunes the app will be installed.

But the way you want to do it - Apple does not do it this way.

4. etaleb thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I went past the initial setup - is it still possible to use the move to ios app

Thx

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you install apps by using the app-store on the phone or by using iTunes.
    No other way.

6. thejasonhowell macrumors regular

thejasonhowell

However you can set your iPhone to automatically install apps, and any apps you download via iTunes will install automagically

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Which sucks if you're attempting to stay on any particular app version for a specific reason.

Without jailbreaking, Apple does not allow app store downgrades.

8. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

There's other ways to download apps other then the App Store. I have movie box and play box on my phone and there not on the App Store.