iPhone install apps on the phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Anarchy99, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5 is dying, it's not being detected via USB but will charge via USB if powered off (weird)
    Regardless I want to wait to install .IPA files on the phone
    I found out I can use iFle and upload the files directly to the phone and that works fine over Wi-Fi but I don't know of any way to either over Wi-Fi or natively on the phone install the file

any recommendations are appreciated :)

thanks

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Why not just use iTunes to install the app to make life easier if you're currently on the computer transferring the file?

Anyways, you can use IPA Installer from cydia; i don't think terminal can install apps

3. Anarchy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

itunes isn't seeing it via wifi (I've never set it up but it might be possible) and via USB as I stated before I can't because usb is borked on the phone

**update**
    Looking at Apple site initial set up needs to be done via USB so Wi-Fi with iTunes is out of the question

4. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Are you using 3rd party lightning cable?

5. Anarchy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

tried both, i have 2 legit ones and 3 3rd party
    they all work fine with my roommates iPhone 5 but not mine, it is my iPhone

when i called apple they ran a test and then told me that it will cost me( i think it was $169) because I'm out of warranty
    at this point cause i can still charge I'm fine except i can't load any ipa's stored on my mac

id rather wait for the next iPhone

thanks

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

As recommended above, get "IPA Installer" and install it. It works just great (I've just tested under 5.1.1 with a non-pirated IPA on a device previously associated with the AppStore account.) Then, you can transfer IPA's to your device with any app that has a Wi-Fi server built-in - a lot of AppStore apps like media players or the JB-only iFile. (I recommend the latter). Then, all you need to do is browsing in IPA Installer to get to the file.

7. Anarchy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

8. confucious macrumors 6502

Anything you have bought you can just download OTA from the App Store. Why do you need to install IPAs?

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

1. Maybe it's been pulled from the AppStore
    2. Maybe slow internet connection to download