Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Hi there,

I am new to developing apps for mobile devices. I am using Flash Builder to do so and don't have a lot of native IOS knowledge.

In my process of learning I have tested on simulators, but would really like to test my apps on my IPad. But, I cannot currently afford the Apple Developer fee which would allow me to do this via the App Store.

And so, I am hoping there is a way for me to install my apps on my IPad without having to go through the App Store. None of the apps I am building will ever be sold on the App Store as they are only for learning purposes at this point. At the point where I finally get around to making a sellable app I will then purchase the developer license.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
Nikki

Holoshed

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
North Carolina
Hi there,

I am new to developing apps for mobile devices. I am using Flash Builder to do so and don't have a lot of native IOS knowledge.

In my process of learning I have tested on simulators, but would really like to test my apps on my IPad. But, I cannot currently afford the Apple Developer fee which would allow me to do this via the App Store.

And so, I am hoping there is a way for me to install my apps on my IPad without having to go through the App Store. None of the apps I am building will ever be sold on the App Store as they are only for learning purposes at this point. At the point where I finally get around to making a sellable app I will then purchase the developer license.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
Nikki

Well, you can find sites online that will sell you a slot on their dev account and for a higher price (around 15.00) send you a signing certificate for apps. With their certificate you can sign apps and install it on your iDevice since they will have added your UDID to the database.

This is your only "non jailbreak" alternative to install apps that are not through the app store.

Nif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Well, you can find sites online that will sell you a slot on their dev account and for a higher price (around 15.00) send you a signing certificate for apps. With their certificate you can sign apps and install it on your iDevice since they will have added your UDID to the database.

This is your only "non jailbreak" alternative to install apps that are not through the app store.

Thanks for this. Any specific sites you know of? That is a much more doable figure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.