Install Boot Camp Beta Now or Wait?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RZetlin, Oct 10, 2007.

  1. RZetlin macrumors regular

    RZetlin

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    #1
    With Leopard coming soon I don't know if I should install the Boot Camp Beta now or wait for the final release with Leopard?

    How much Boot Camp will change with the Beta version compared to the final Leopard version?
     
  2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

    CANEHDN

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2005
    Location:
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    #2
    It really all depends on if you plan on upgrading. Apple has stated that Bootcamp will not be available for Tiger. This is a feature specific to Leopard. So if you plan on keeping Tiger, I would install the beta Bootcamp. If you plan on installing Leopard, I would just wait.

    I would also do it soon. The beta version will expire soon after Leopards release. Once it's installed it should still work just fine.
     
  3. murfle macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2007
    #3
    I'd say wait till Leopard is out. Upgrade your O/S then start with a new boot camp partition...

    If you're sticking with Tiger, I wouldn't bother at all, unlike the last post said, since Apple has already said the Beta's would time out after Leopard's release (just how soon after, who knows...)
     

Share This Page