Install disc for SL question.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macnfab, Aug 29, 2009.

1. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

I have 2 macbook's for different reasons and plans to add an iMac in the future. Since both are registered to me I am running the same Leopard disc on both can I buy a signal user in Snow Leopard? Will it work the same as Leopard in this regard? So that I may install it on both macs?

2. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

How do I say this correctly... In theory, it will work! ;)

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

It will work but it is against the EULA. Be honest and buy two copies.

4. iFanboy Guest

Think of it this way.

Apple needs another $25 like I need a Gold Plated Rocket Car.

However, the reason why you would be able to do this is because Apple is able to rely on it's customers rather than employ DRM restrictions. If you and others stop being so reliable you make it more likely that DRM will be in future versions of Mac OS.

Therefore, buy another copy for $25, as you're only hurting yourself and all of us in the long run.

5. david803sc macrumors member

david803sc

Since the upgrade disk is really a full version just buy two of those, I went to Best Buy to get a family pack for my two macs and I found out Best Buy does not sell the Family Pack so I bought two upgrade disk which was only $10.00 more than the Family Pack anyway both my macs are fairly new and were both running their own copies of Leopard.

I tried the upgrade on both and had many problems, so i wound up doing them both as new fresh installs using the "Upgrade" disks, I think Apple knew people would have problems and that is why the upgrade disk is the same as the full disk.

David

6. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

wow! I guess I didn't know it was illegal as both are registered to me... and i am the "single user" sorry thanks for the info!