'Install DVD' keeps ejecting...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bolter369, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bolter369 macrumors newbie

The Ilife Dvd keeps ejecting itself from my drive so I can't install iweb. Apple says that my copy of Leo:)pard is outside of warranty so I would have to buy a new one, which I don't want to do right now. Anyone know any magic? Thanks in advance

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Just so I understand you...

So you're trying to install iLife, but the disc keeps ejecting when you put it in your computer. You tried calling Apple, but Apple said that the warranty (AppleCare) on your computer had run out. I'm not sure what Leopard has to do with it, but there could be a problem with your computer's disc drive. Are you sure your computer should be out of warranty? AppleCare is three years long, remember. Did you just not buy AppleCare? Or did you buy it and never registered it? There's a lot of little questions about AppleCare that are important to check before calling it quits.

So the problem is either with the disc drive or the iLife disc itself. Try putting the iLife disc into another computer and see what happens. You could consider picking up an external disc drive (~$70). You could also try copying the iLife disc to a flash drive, and then installing iLife via the flash drive. But to do that, you need access to another Mac.

3. bolter369 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Ziggyonice. Thank you for responding so quickly. The ilife came free with my copy of Leopard and although I bought it about 6 months ago I've never had much use for it til yesterday. All the other DVDs play properly and I despeartely need to make a website ASAP.
    I think you are right, I am going to have to find someone else with a mac and see if it will work on their machine so they can copy it.
    I'm guessing my computer is at fault, because mine's quite old, but I wasn't planning to buy a new one later this summer. Hence I don't want to buy a full copy of Snow leopard because I will get a free one with the new mac. Pah! What a pig it is when you get caught in a mac-trap!
    Best wishes