Install Failed: Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by gødspeed, Jul 25, 2011.

1. gødspeed macrumors regular

gødspeed

Hi all, I bought Lion on the App Store day before yesterday, and have been running into two errors every time I've tried to install it.

I'm working on a mid-2009 17" MacBook Pro with 3.06GHZ CPU, 4GB ram, and 500GB 7200rpm HD.

Some other relevant information is that at one point I installed Windows 7 via Bootcamp (and subsequently accessed it through Parallels Desktop) on a partition of the internal HD, but I have reformatted the drive and done a fresh install of OSX Snow Leopard in the mean time.

It may also be relevant that I cannot install a new Bootcamp partition; I invariably run into an error within Boot Camp Assistant, that "The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition." I don't understand this message, as I believe I only have one partition (Disk Utility only shows one, with 499.13GB max capacity, vs 500.11GB total capacity for the disk).

I've attached two photos of my screen. The first message appears prior to beginning the installation process, and warns that some features will not work. The second message, telling me that OSX Lion cannot be installed, appears mid-way through the actual installation process.

2. thewalshter macrumors newbie

thewalshter

Hi try this worked for me,reboot mac hold alt key,click lion restore partition use utilities to check disk then repair disk.Reboot then boot camp should partition ok.

3. Zcott macrumors 68020

Maybe try redownloading Lion; your download could have been corrupted.