Install iWork '09 onto 2 MacBooks?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by antster94, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

Hey,

Basically my friend at school doesn't have iWork on her mac and I was wondering if I could install my copy onto her computer. I have it installed on my MBP already, would it be possible to install it onto hers as well?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Without breaking the licensing conditions that you agreed to? I'd say no: what you are considering is no different to her downloading an illegal copy from the Internet.

3. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

I know it isn't morally right, but would it work? I'm wont do it anyway now, but would be nice to know if it does work.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Well, since you know it's morally wrong you won't be upset that I've reported this thread to the moderators as discussing piracy/warez and the like is banned on these forums.

5. antster94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

antster94

Dude, for a start I wasn't aware it was piracy in the first place. And secondly, I'm not even doing this as she has just downloaded the free trial instead. Sorry if I broke the forum rules.

6. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

iWork 09 on 2 Macs

You can install iWork 09 on as many Macs as you would like as there is no serial number involved... I would totally get Office 11 tho it's totally awesome.
    Some people are so uptight on here and need to loosen up :eek:

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

yes you can, but if you are you should be honest and buy the family pack if you are going to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.