Install Lion From USB on 07 MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by WAM2, Sep 9, 2011.

1. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I Cant seem to get the macbook to see my usb drive in the boot drive selector. It sees it in Mac OS X (10.4.11 :/) But not in the Selector when you hold Option. I Restored the InstallESD.dmg from the Lion Image I Got from the App store on my iMac onto my Flashdrive (8gb) Where did I Go wrong?? Do I Need to install Leopard? I Dont have Snow Leopard to install Unless I Can somehow use my iMacs Restore DVD To do that? Any Ideas? Does the 07 MacBook (2ghz C2D /2GB/GMA 950/80GB) Work booting off USB?? I Would Use a DVD But the DVD Drive is broken in the MacBook.

2. WAM2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Alright I Figured out that the Flash Drive was Formatted as MAC OS Extended (MBR) Do I Am Making it Mac OS Extended (GUID) And see if that makes a difference. I Will report back.

3. WAM2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

WAM2

OK Guys that didn't work. Any Ideas? I Really need Lion on here.. I Cant Live with Tiger. Lol

4. session101 macrumors regular

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

So are you trying to upgrade to Lion without going to SL process? I hope the 2008 macbook running on tiger will upgrade straight to lion. ( working on 1 tomorrow for a friend) :D thanx for some infos here.

6. session101 macrumors regular

I did that to mine via CD-rom, but i didn't like lion as much because you can't take advantage of all the features. I uninstalled and started over with SL and i think its much better, you pretty much can use more of it, plus lion isn't as supportive as SL because of how new it is

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yea I know, but my friend wants Lion instead of SL even tho I have bought copy. So hopefully the USB that I made will work fingers crossed.

8. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

I would recomend useing CCC or super duper to make it work, i find for some reason apples disk ult does not work properly,

9. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

Worked fine for me. Def make it a GUID partition though.

10. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Ok some feeds back it's working great for me here! USB thumb drive with Lion. Clean install with Lion on Tiger.