Install lion on a new formated hdd

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Thekolton, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Thekolton macrumors newbie

well i updated to lion and it is pretty much buggy i knew this but its not stable for day to day use. basically i didnt back up snow leopard with anything and well then i formatted my hard drive with a windows disk so i could get it clear since i could not find disk utility's in the lion disk and then i tryed to load the snow leopard disk and then it would not boot so i could not re install snow leopard on my macbook pro please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I'm winded just reading that! :eek:

I'm assuming your not a legit developer... :rolleyes:

3. antmarobel macrumors 6502

antmarobel

Buddy, it is possible to access Disk Utility through the install process. I did it here. If I remember well you need to click on the Apple menu in menu bar. Then the disk utility will appear. All you need to do is to be calm and explore the menu bar before you install...

4. Thekolton thread starter macrumors newbie

well i know theres a disk utility but what i mean is there is no way to format it from that in lion so there is no way i can think of to install it

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Do you have the original discs that came with your computer or a retail version of Snow Leopard?

6. celticpride678

There is something called a period (.) in the English language. Use it, so we can understand what you're asking.

7. Thekolton thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i do have the original disks for snow leopard and i also have the retail copy

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

And you are saying you cannot boot from your SL disk and reinstall SL?

What happens when you try to boot from the SL disk?

9. Thekolton thread starter macrumors newbie

well i tried the retail copy of snow leopard but now i am trying the original disks that came with my mbp but the other retail disk dose nothing it just shows the apple logo and thats what happens when you have a update and your disk is not the right version.

10. Thekolton thread starter macrumors newbie

okay the original disks work lol i dont know my i didnt think about that. thanks