Install Lion on multiple macbook with different Apple Id

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by cthesky, Dec 2, 2012.

1. cthesky macrumors member

Hi all,

Can I install the Lion which is purchased by using my Apple Id on another Macbook which is using another Apple Id?

Actually, what I planning to do is purchase the Lion by using my Apple Id and install it to my office's Macbook. But this Macbook is using another Apple Id and does not share the same Apple Id as me (buyer). Is it possible to do that?

Another question is if it can be installed to my office's Macbook, I will install latest Xcode on it, so can I submit my app through another account (different Apple Id, not my Apple Id) by using installed Xcode? The Apple Id of iTunes Connect We used to submit app is not related to the Apple Id We used to purchase Mac OS right?

Sorry if I am asking something wrong...

Anyway, any comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. :)

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

You can have multiple Apple IDs on multiple computers... just open the Mac App Store and go into the Store menu at the top of the screen and choose "Sign Out". Then sign in with the account that purchased Lion and install it.

A single purchase on the App Store allows up to ten installs.

Of course, why did you even purchase Lion if you're a developer? If you sign up for the Mac Developer program you get free copies of OS X and OS X Server... that's $50 worth of free downloads for $99, which means you only need to make $49 worth of MAS sales to make it worth signing up for. And making money through the MAS is worlds easier than the iOS App Store. Vastly less competition + apps of similar quality can be sold for much more.