Install New Logic Borad (MBP#2011 GPU Problem), Software Problems, Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by developerw3, Jul 8, 2017.

1. developerw3 macrumors newbie

developerw3

Hello,

I received and install the new logic board REV 2 (661-6160 Apple Logic Board 2.2GHz i7 for MacBook Pro 15" Early/Late 2011 A1286) from MacPartsOnline.com

My old Logic Board was REV 1 Apple Logic Board 2.0GHz i7 for MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011 A1286 (MBP#2011 GPU Problem)

On the other hand, I get several software problems using this Logic Board:

1) When I start my MacBook Pro with a new Logic Board in the Single-User mode (CMD + S): the console still loops (view attachment) in:

Thunderbolt Self-Reset Count = 0xedefbe00
    AppleThunderboltHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 0 milliseconds

2) Adobe Photoshop does not open on MacBook Pro screen, it can be open only on the external display via Thunderbolt Port:

Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements. Check the video card manufacturer’s website for the latest software. GPU enhancements can be enabled in the Performance panel of Preferences.

3) Some applications (Photoshop, Photo Both, change profil photo of user, etc.) do not open (crash) on the laptop screen, they only open correctly when the MacBook Pro is connected to an external display using Thunderbolt Port!!!

I try to install new software, Mac OS from scratch (10.9.5), but without any solution

The new Logic Board is working fine, just some software application does not open!!! Why ?

Can you help me please?

MacBook Pro Configuration:
    Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1911)
    CPU 2.2GHz Intel Core i7
    16 Go RAM 1333 MHZ DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 Mo
    Samsung SSD 500 Go

F76F71BD-FC23-4AD4-9364-0C30D070155E.jpeg Capture d’écran 2017-07-08 à 08.35.04.png Capture d’écran 2017-07-08 à 08.34.09.png

Thanks

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Do you also get the Thunderbolt Self-Reset when the Thunderbolt display is NOT connected?

If yes, then I think you are incorrect - and the logic board is NOT "working fine"
    The display drivers (in software) work in conjunction with the hardware (the graphics chip)
    Your software (such as Photoshop, etc) tries to configure the graphics for its own use. Something is preventing that.
    That will be either software - or hardware. There's not much else, is there?

You have attempted to reinstall the system software, and you say it did not help.
    And, now it continues to report a video problem. So, your hardware must be at fault.
    Try replacing the logic board again.

3. developerw3 thread starter macrumors newbie

developerw3

I get the Thunderbolt Self-Reset in loop, in the Single-User mode (CMD + S) when the Thunderbolt display is not connected

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Contact MacPartsOnline to replace that logic board. You apparently got a bad part from them.