Install Office 2016 Pro Plus on a Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Frisco, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Frisco, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017

Frisco macrumors 68020

I got the Installer Package, but every time I click on it it just closes the downloads folder. I have a right to install this on multiple PCs and a Mac.....what's going on?

I have had no problem installing on multiple PCs, but now I only have one PC authorized.

Office 365

2. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

You wouldn't use the same installer for Mac and PC and there is no Pro Plus SKU for Mac.

With that said if you do have a valid Office 365 subscription you'll be able to log in at the below URL

https://www.office.com

and get the version you need for your Mac.

3. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks I know they are different, but I tried that and the .PKG file that was downloaded is grayed out with an "X" in the middle.

4. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Odd. Usually that will be caused by a corrupt download or incompatible package. For the former, perhaps try downloading a fresh copy. For the latter, is this an older PowerPC Mac?

5. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

It's a brand new iMac. I can't even log into Office 365 on the Mac anymore to get a fresh download, but I can log into from a Windows PC.

6. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I just recently redid 3 pc's and two macs. No problems putting office 365 on all 5 systems.

You log in to office 365. Click the install button on the website. And rub the downloaded file.

Should be simple.

If it's a brand new iMac, it is remotely possible that it has a unannounced minor revision of Sierra to accommodate hardware that wasn't present at the time of the most recent major update. So.... it might be possible that the office installer isn't recognizing a revision number (though unlikely).

If you can't get it going, I'd call Microsoft. If you have a legitimate paid license for office 365, then you should have support options.

7. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

That is weird. Sorry, but like flyinmac says you might have better luck with Microsoft support than here. Good luck.

8. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

9. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Glad you got it installed in the end.