Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Dorset
Hi Newbie here

right i have had my cd the day of release but never installed it !! so glad i didn't
I have dual 2.7 with 4gb ram working well with 10.4 :)

come to install 10.5 updates fine about 2mins of it a the desktop to freezes :eek:

I have verified the disk and checked the permissions all good
I have tried a reinstall of 10.4 and then upgrade 10.5
I have tried just 10.5
all with the same result

OMG Please help :confused:

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Have you read the forums in regards to upgrading to Leopard from Tiger? Upgrading has severely caused issues for a lot of people and it's been highly recommended to backup everything you have and do a complete erase of Tiger and a fresh install of Leopard. Also to make the experience even better don't transfer all your old stuff to Leopard using Apple's transfer assistant, it's best to install each individual app. Yes it takes hours if you have a lot of stuff however it will save you a lot of headache if you reformat and install this way.

Also, do not install any haxies until you have your apps installed and all is running well. The APE haxie really hurt a lot of Leopard installs.

misterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Dorset
all my ram is apple.
and i used disk utility to wipe the drive clean and do a fresh install of leopard still with the same results !!

please keep them coming

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
come to install 10.5 updates fine about 2mins of it a the desktop to freezes

Hey - this is all we have in terms of a description of the fault - would you mind going into further detail? So AFTER you complete a successful(?) installation of Erase + Install of Leopard, the desktop freezes?

Can you boot into safe mode?
Have you installed anything other than Leopard at this point?
Do you have any PCI cards / USB 3rd party add-ons installed?

F

misterb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Dorset
HI firearse

OK after a successful installation i get to the leopard desktop and the machine freezes
I have never booted in safe mode !! how do you do that ??
I have done a complete fresh install and do not get a chance to install any other software
I have one card which is sonnet sata card
all usb and firewire devices have been removed (except the keyboard and mouse !!!!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.