General Install Public Beta Profile on Mac?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mariusignorello, Sep 6, 2015.

1. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

Has anyone tried to install the Public Beta profile on their Mac? Seems stupid, but might it allow iTunes to download the betas rather than OTA?

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

3. mariusignorello thread starter macrumors 65816

OS X handles profiles the same way iOS does (you can use MDM for Macs too). Email yourself the profile and open it on your Mac.

4. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Since you have all the pieces, you could try it... and then report your experience back here in this thread.

5. mariusignorello thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought someone might say that. I can give it a try, though I have no devices to update/restore.

6. reptarwilleatu macrumors regular

reptarwilleatu

just wait til the GM comes out. they supply an IPSW file if i remember correctly

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

Highly doubt it. I'm sure it was made so Macs couldn't request the update and only iOS devices if it works how you say it does. There's no real reason to do this anyway.

8. mariusignorello thread starter macrumors 65816

I realize that's all true. There was a guy who needed to download the beta on his Mac because he couldn't on his iOS device (for a reason I forgot). I offered him this as a possible solution to his problem, which I thought might have a chance at working since OS X and iOS handle profiles the same way.