Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iovca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2014
Hello. Can i still install my purchased ios apps via iTunes (harddisk), which apple removed from their appstore to my ios devices like Tube Downloader Pro app or so? I cant try it, because i have no ios devices now. Thank you

Last edited:

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
If it shows up in your purchased list then possibly. But I doubt it.

Check if you have the app in iTunes.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A lot will show up in your Purchases and you can install them from there, but there are times when even that's not available for one reason or another.

iovca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2014
I dont understand. I have them in iTunes library on harddisk on my pc.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
When I reinstalled a fresh copy of iOS, one of my apps had disappeared and wasn't in the App store. I emailed Apple and they just told me to contact the developer, they weren't interested.
It was a £20 app too, and I'd only had it for two months. The developer never responded.

iovca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2014
When I reinstalled a fresh copy of iOS, one of my apps had disappeared and wasn't in the App store. I emailed Apple and they just told me to contact the developer, they weren't interested.
It was a £20 app too, and I'd only had it for two months. The developer never responded.

Ok. But i have that apps in iTunes on my harddisk on pc, but they were removed from appstore. Do you understand me? I would try to install but now i have no ios devices near to hand. Thank you

----------

Then you should be able to sync it across from iTunes. Whether the app will work or not is a different matter.

Omg. I will try contact apple.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
If you have the app in iTunes on your pc, you will be able to reinstall it onto your phone. Just connect up the USB and synch the app over.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Ok. But i have that apps in iTunes on my harddisk on pc, but they were removed from appstore. Do you understand me? I would try to install but now i have no ios devices near to hand. Thank you

----------

Omg. I will try contact apple.

It will sync across, but if the app hasn't been updated in a while it may not function correctly on the latest version of iOS 7.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
Install purchased ios apps removed from appstore

The OP is very clear that he is talking about iOS apps on his computer hard disk -- NOT re-downloading them for the App Store.

Yes, you can still install them to your iOS device via iTunes and they will work (unless the app no longer works with the current version of iOS).

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The OP is very clear that he is talking about iOS apps on his computer hard disk -- NOT re-downloading them for the App Store.

Yes, you can still install them to your iOS device via iTunes and they will work (unless the app no longer works with the current version of iOS).
I believe at least initially the OP was slightly different not specifically limited to iTunes/apps on computer. The OP was edited a little ways into the thread.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
I hate it when apps stop working,One time a developer told me an update was imminent (they were going to submit to apple.) then they never replied to emails and about a few months later the app was removed,Just crazy. I mean why couldn't they just release that last update then close down the app??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.