Install ram before or after...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DJJAZZYJET, Jun 19, 2011.

1. DJJAZZYJET macrumors 6502

I got my crucial ram sticks, my imac is coming tommorow. Shall i install the ram before i turn on the machine or after the machine has gone through the setup process and is ready to kick some ass :p I think installing the ram first might be a good idea considering there will be no static electricity, but i dont know if there are any risks inserting the ram before the computer starts up. Help me out forum :D

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

You are thinking too much about it.

As the previous responder noted: it does not make any difference-just install and enjoy your new computer.

4. tomville macrumors newbie

I like to run the machine for a while before making any upgrades. It doesn't make any technical difference, but allows you to appreciate the performance upgrade by actually experiencing the difference the RAM makes. :)

5. 03jcrhr macrumors member

I would use the original RAM for a bit just to make sure the iMac is in full working order, then there won't be any problems in taking it back for a replacement.

6. DJJAZZYJET thread starter macrumors 6502

ok

ill do it after, saves me the time to de-installing it if the imac is faulty or if it damadges the raM Because its faulty