Install RC11 over RC9 - help!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dilgit, Apr 7, 2011.

1. dilgit macrumors regular

If I install RC11 over RC9 on my iphone 4? Will I have to re-download all cydia apps to my iphone? Thanks for your help.

2. fsck-y dingo, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

No, everything will be left alone. Just make sure to uncheck "Install Cydia" when running Redsn0w. If you think you'll want to install an animated boot logo from Cydia you'll need to check "Allow boot animation".

3. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Is there any reason to restore and rejailbreak with rc11? Not talking about boot animations, were any settings changed?

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

No need to restore and start as new for RC11. There was nothing new added to the actual jailbrake to warrant restoring and starting over. I already ran RC11 over RC9 and it was quick and painless. :) Here's the update from the DevTeamBlog:

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Update #1:

Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because you’re not using an iPad). Release rc10 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).

Along the way, we’ve also added the option to enable boot animations…these animations can be installed via Cydia, but be sure to select which animation to use via the Settings->Bootlogo setting after you’ve downloaded an animation (and again, you can just run rc10 rc11 over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).

(The boot animation we tested against was “Android Boot Logo”. It correctly installs all the dependencies needed to run the animation at each boot).

redsn0w_0.9.6rc11: (rc11 makes the boot animation a bit more robust across all devices)

5. josh.ct.wang macrumors newbie

Re:

I ran rc9 a couple of days ago and its running a lot smoother than on 4.1JB. If there have been no issues with my rc9 jailbreak so far...is there a reason for me to re jailbreak it with rc11(I don't want to "slow" down my phone...)? Thanks!

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Not at all. You won't be missing out on anything important. The animated boot logo is the main reason to use Redsn0w RC11.

7. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I ran r11 over r9 with no issues. I did check the box to allow boot animations but I can't get them to work (they were under 4.2.1 for me on this IP4).

I've tried reloading several of them with no luck. I can select and preview them but they don't run on reboot.