Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexFresneda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Hi, I'm new to this, that's why I'm sorry if I'm awkward. I am trying to install the Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G on my Mac pro 5.1 from med. 2010 with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6, is there an installer like Nvidia to make it work? I currently have the GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6G. What should I do to make it work and if it's worth it. Many thanks.

AlexFresneda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks for the information, do you know any YouTube videos where a RADEON is installed and the process it performs?

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
Thanks for the information, do you know any YouTube videos where a RADEON is installed and the process it performs?

First you need to update the MP5.1 firmware to 144.00xxx -> Read the firmware blog in this Forum from TsiAlex how to perform. Then update to the newest MacOS system after you performed a complete backup of your system.
I am not sure if the 5700XT works on older MacOS Systems such as Mojave or older. Be careful about the 32Bit App problem, those will not work on newer systems such as Catalina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.