Install Tiger with wanted software

xdviper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Hey, I am going to reinstall Tiger on my macbook, but I want to first know how do i costimize tiger to only install the software that i want. It first goes to the language screen and then the agreement thing and then it says Erase and install and then thats it. i want to chose what to install. how do i get to this option....

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Check the bottom left of those splash screens carefully as you go through them. There's usually a button called 'customise' or 'options'. I forget which.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
EvilDoc said:
I think thats why.
It makes a lot more sense to remove the software you don't want. Most sensible is to just leave it alone. The OP has ample free space on his brand new machine. More than a few newbies return to this and other Mac fan forums with questions about restoring the software they only recently removed. If after he has some experience with the OS under his built, then he should revisit this issue.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
MisterMe said:
It makes a lot more sense to remove the software you don't want. Most sensible is to just leave it alone. The OP has ample free space on his brand new machine. More than a few newbies return to this and other Mac fan forums with questions about restoring the software they only recently removed. If after he has some experience with the OS under his built, then he should revisit this issue.
Exactly the points I would make. Mass storage is so cheap these days. Why get rid of anything before you know for certain that you'll never need it again?