Install Win7 on MBA 13"

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DmbShn41, Mar 8, 2014.

1. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

Hey, trying to install Windows 7 on my new MBA 13". Issue is that the copy of Windows 7 I have, legit, is the initial release, prior to SP1 and all that jazz.

I run bootcamp, set up flash drive, reboot into Windows partition, and Bootcamp start the install process. I get to the First screen, select language etc, and can't do anything. Obviously trackpad and keyboard won't work as they aren't supported yet, but a USB mouse/keyboard won't work either. I fear this may be due to my version of Windows 7 not supporting USB3. Anything?

~Thanks

2. DmbShn41 thread starter macrumors 6502

Found an Apple document for the 2013 Macbook Air and iMac. You have to have the external CD drive (Macbook Air) plugged into right USB port. Restart computer. Put USB drive into left USB port. Run Bootcamp. Remove partition if you have one previously. Format/Erase USB drive in left port. Quit Disk Utility. Run Bootcamp, beginning to end, don't remove external CD drive, don't remove USB drive. Worked for me.