Install Win7 procedure on new 21.5'

Discussion in 'iMac' started by electricdreams, May 17, 2011.

1. electricdreams macrumors member

would like to do the above, what is the current procedure, any drivers or usb things I need to do before?

2. mrfoof82 macrumors 6502a

No. You need to go to Applications -> Utilities -> Boot Camp Assistant. From there, simply follow the instructions to start the installation process.

Remember to install drivers (Boot Camp will prompt you to create a CD or insert a flash disk, and will download them) once Windows 7 is installed.

When the computer boots up, if you don't want to boot into the default OS currently configured in the boot loader, hold down the Option key when you hear the startup chime.

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. Hibernia macrumors member

I tried a Bootcamp install the other day and it seemed to be going well until on the blue windows install screen i was asked to hit the enter key to continue.

This didnt work on my mini mac kb so i thought ah ha i need to have a pc usb kb plugged in , genius that i am or thought i was :)

I aborted the install , back into osx and removed the partition , plugged in my pc kb which registered with no problem and started the bootcamp install again. Got to the same bit and funnily enough enter would not register on this kb either.

Bit stuck as to what to try next. I'd printed out the bootcamp instructions and this section does not appear.

Now one reason this may not have worked is i was using an old XP disk which does say sp2 on it but it was a disk i got ages ago with an old Mesh system. The key may not have worked , i never got far enough to try the key but thought i would give it a whirl before splashing out on a brand new windows disk.

Anyone encountered this problem before?