Install Windows 7 Beta on a second computer

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by I'm a Mac, Jan 27, 2009.

1. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

I have the 32-bit Windows Beta installed on VMWare on my MacBook, and I want to install it in bootcamp on my iMac. Can I use the same iso and just burn it on to a DVD and use the samie product key from Microsoft or do I need to download another copy- will Microsoft let me download another 32-bit copy? (The boot camp instructions told me that the 64-bit will only work on 2008 machines; my C2E Alum iMac is mid-2007, but I read the drivers are easier to find for the 32-bit version anyway.)

2. buddhaface macrumors member

Yeah you can use the same ISO and product key.

3. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

But can I run them at the same time (not that it really matters, just curious)

4. Benchmob31 macrumors member

Benchmob31

What do you want to run at the same time?

5. buddhaface macrumors member

Yeah, of course...

6. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well some programs, e.g. Adobe Photoshop or Final Cut allow you to install on more than one computer but not run them at the same time.

7. buddhaface macrumors member

Yeah, but it's fine for Windows 7 Beta. If you're worried about licensing issues, I think everyone has one of the five product keys for the Beta. Even though Microsoft generated a product key when you downloaded, hundreds of thousands of other people have your exact product key.

If you're worried about functionality or activation issues, I have two computers running Win7 right now simultaneously.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Shouldn't be an issue since those product keys are not unique.