Installation help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by keng11, Jul 24, 2014.

1. keng11 macrumors newbie

Hi I am new to the forum and would like some help installing some software please, I have downloaded it to Applications and the read me file states "Relase Notes for VirtaCoin Mac Wallet

Mount the VirtaCoin-Qt.dmg just as you would any other disk image.

Drag VirtaCoin-Qt to Apps to install.

IMPORTANT!

On the first time run, you must select a directory or it will not allow you to install".

What do I do from here and what directory should I use and where do I find that directory.

Thanks in advance.
    Ken.:(

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Just drag it to your regular Applications folder.

3. keng11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Mister Me as I stated before I downloaded it to the applications folder,installed it but it won't run.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The first thing that jumps out at me is that VirtaCoin-Qt's application icon is invisible [on my system]. The next thing is that the current version number is 0.8.7.3. Versions less than 1.0.0.0 are usually a mark of developmental software. Github seems to imply that 0.8.7.3 is the first release version, but the version number implies otherwise.

If you really want to use this software, then I recommend that you communicate with GitHub. Otherwise, forget about it until VirtaCoin-Qt is ready for primetime.

5. keng11 thread starter macrumors newbie