Installation Issues - Kalyway/iATKOS

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Moondaboo, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Moondaboo macrumors newbie

I've posted on various forums, and looked through hundreds of pages, and still can't find a solution. I've downloaded both iATKSO and Kalyway, reburned 3 times each, tried all commands I can find, messed with BIOS, updated BIOS. And still no booting, here are my errors:

iATKOS
    [​IMG]

Kalyway
    [​IMG]

Pics of BIOS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(My CPU)
    [​IMG]

Few Menus:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CPU-Z Screeny:
    [​IMG]

My Chipset
    [​IMG]

Controllers
    IDE Channel [Controller] (8x)
    Intel® ICH9 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2922
    Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

My Device Manger:

[​IMG]

The closest I got to an installation was some random settings with VMware Workstation, and when the installation loaded, it just said Installation failed, and when I tried to config my partitions it just froze.

With iATKOS I get to the Grey screen before installer, and it pauses there, then a little (/) appears, and won't load any further.

I've looked at the wiki and found that my motherboard may require to boot from USB, so I put the .iso onto my USB but it wouldn't boot, even with correct settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

2. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

Sorry you are having probs, however most peeps on this site are Gen Apple users, so you may not find the level of technical help you are looking for.

I would reccomend this http://forum.insanelymac.com/ - Those guys helped me get my Hackintosh working (about three weeks before I orderd a Mac Pro, MacBook Air and put my PC up for sale :) )

<now 100% Apple equipped and PROUD of it>

Good luck in your search

Just for info - I used Kalyway 10.5.2 on an extremely well spec'd PC - the iAtkso gave me headaches

3. Moondaboo thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping to use these as a demo, because I almost have enough for a Mac and not sure about the OSX, I heard it's greats, I heard its bad.

I think the problem is the hardware, maybe you see any problems?

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

I completely agree, Mac OS X was not designed to run on anything other than genuine Apple hardware. Use the proper hardware and all your problems will go away.

5. Moondaboo thread starter macrumors newbie

I have all the proper running settings, Intel, VX, etc etc.

But I think 1 component may be mis-configured or missed.