Installation of Leopard onto to MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by diggitydawg510, May 7, 2008.

1. diggitydawg510 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone!

I recently just got a refurb Macbook Pro 2.2ghz. It came with Tiger, but i've just received my copy of leopard and i'm ready to install. I haven't put any software on the MBP since i received it. Just used it to surf the net in anticipation of me installing Leopard. Now it currently has iLife '08 that came with it, and a trial version of Microsoft office that also came with it.

Now, how do i go about installing Leopard? I'm a total noob when it comes to computer stuff. a step by step process would be appreciated.
    :eek:

2. mediaguru macrumors regular

Welcome aboard.

The easiest way to upgrade is to simply run the Leopard installer from the DVD and follow the instructions.

If you prefer to start from scratch, you can boot into the installer by inserting the DVD, restarting, and holding down the "C" key as soon as the computer chimes. This will give you the option to erase or archive the current setup and start fresh. You can re-install iLife from the 2nd Tiger DVD in your computer restore set if you opt for the clean install route.