Installation of Windows XP interrupted - help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NeedHelpFast, Jan 12, 2011.

1. NeedHelpFast, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011

NeedHelpFast macrumors newbie

I was going to install Windows xp on my Mac OS X but uner the installation it interupted because the guy that owned the cd had to go home.
    So after that i started my computer and it won't work.

It's a black screen with a white flashing icon an it looks like this: _

Im trying to reinstall my computer but i can't beacuse it seems like i have no Machintosh HD thing
    http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/needhelp10/?action=view&current=d015.jpg

And this is how it looks like in the Disk Utility
    http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/needhelp10/?action=view&current=d015.jpg

Under the 250 GB hiatchi harddrive so should it be a thing called Machintosh HD but it's not there.

another photo:
    http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc497/needhelp10/?action=view&current=d016.jpg

Hope somebody can help beause i use this computer in school!

2. simsaladimbamba, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011

simsaladimbamba

Have you tried selecting "1 partition" in the volume scheme dropdown menu, where it currently says "Current"?
    It seems you have deleted the Macintosh HD partition during the installation of Windows.

Btw, you linked to the page where the pictures reside in, therefore no pictures showed up. To actually embed the pictures, right click on them and select "Copy Image Address".

3. Miker2k macrumors regular

It looks like your partition is gone..... did you partition the disk into two partitions in order to install Windows?

4. NeedHelpFast thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i actually did 150gb mac and 100gb windows.

5. NeedHelpFast, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011

NeedHelpFast thread starter macrumors newbie

This is how it looks like
    [​IMG]

6. simsaladimbamba

7. NeedHelpFast thread starter macrumors newbie

if i have Current on i can't click it and if i take 1 partition so haven't i tried yet, I'm afraid that something will happened that is bad :p

8. Miker2k macrumors regular

It looks to me like the Windows install somehow took out your partitions. At this point it may be best to reinstall OSX and restore from backup. Build your two partitions in the Utility and then you can bootcamp after OSX is reinstalled.

9. NeedHelpFast thread starter macrumors newbie

So first im gonna make 2 partitions and then reinstall OSX that should work this time beacuse im gonna make my partitions and how do you restore form backup?

10. Miker2k macrumors regular