Installation time of Mac OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shujin88, Aug 11, 2009.

1. shujin88 macrumors newbie

I just got a MBP 13" and just finished upgrading the ram and hdd to 4gb and 128gb SSD.

So im currently installing the OS but its taking forever. I'm new to mac so don't know if this is normal. First they verified the disk before installation begun and that took a good 45min and now its installing the OS is this normal?

Oh btw i love my new macbook the OS is really nice both visually and functionality wise. Should have left windows a while ago so glad i bought one. And the amount of engineering that goes into the body is amazing, cant imagine the number of bits they broke while trying to do the holes for the speaker grill, as bits in those sizes are so fragile. As an engineer i truly appreciate what apple have done. I'm sure you all agree

Thanks

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah that sounds about right. Btw, I always skip the verification process. I do not have the patience to sit there and let OSX tell me the disk is ok when I can see that there's no physical defects.

Aside from the verification process, I believe the install takes me about 20 minutes, but then I don't select all printers and remove some other options as well.