Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supercooled

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Basically I did a reinstall of SL and didn't realize this would happen. CS5 is being stonewalled because it won't install on a case-sensitive drive. Is there a way to set the drive to non case-sensitive or install applications in another drive? Do I simply move the app folder to another drive?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I believe changing case sensitivity would require reformatting the drive (as it's a format change). That means you'd have to erase and reinstall. If you've done that recently anyways, I'd presume that means you either are backed up or don't have anything to back up, so that might be your best bet. I don't know how well Adobe's apps handle being installed on another drive.

jW

supercooled

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
What a pain.

May I ask what the function of setting a drive in case sensitively is?

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
I believe changing case sensitivity would require reformatting the drive (as it's a format change). That means you'd have to erase and reinstall. If you've done that recently anyways, I'd presume that means you either are backed up or don't have anything to back up, so that might be your best bet. I don't know how well Adobe's apps handle being installed on another drive.

jW

Agree with the above.

What a pain.

May I ask what the function of setting a drive in case sensitively is?

AFAIK it's for compatibility with (other) *NIX based systems on a network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.