Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
Sorry the title is so long. Anyone experiencing this? I have an external hard drive which has a good sized partition for beta testing.

Once 10.11 rebooted after installation I'm at a login screen and the password hint is "Please enter your iCloud password as of 8/20/14"

This is most likely the date I tried out the Yosemite beta last year but how do I access this partition if I don't remember my password from a year ago?

(I regularly change my important account passwords)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 130

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
When you installed El Cap, you probably did an upgrade over Yosemite (when you had installed Yosemite during its beta testing process last year). Solution would be to erase the partition then reinstall El Cap. Hope this helps.

Reactions: dearfriendx

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
When you installed El Cap, you probably did an upgrade over Yosemite (when you had installed Yosemite during its beta testing process last year). Solution would be to erase the partition then reinstall El Cap. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I actually figured this a couple minutes after my post. Erased the partition and reinstalling. Thanks.

/thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.