Installed 2.2 and Quickpwn won't recognize iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iseeharvey, Jan 21, 2009.

1. iseeharvey macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2009
    2G iphone. The arrow in the beginning of quickpwn won't turn blue to continue. I upgraded (through iTunes) to 2.2 and downloaded all necessary apps. iTunes recognizes it. I have an AT&T sim and a Tmobile sim (neither activated) and I have tried both in there but no luck. Then tried an active Tmobile sim (which is how I unlocked my first phone and nothing)Am I missing something?
  2. iseeharvey thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2009
    I rebooted my computer and re-installed 2.2 again. It still won't recognize the iPhone and let me advance (pressing blue arrow is not an option). What is the problem?:confused:

I have another iPhone I use on this computer that I unlocked successfully. Is this the problem?
  3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Make sure the Apple Mobile Device process is running on your computer.
  4. bytethese macrumors 68030

Jun 20, 2007
    Cranford, NJ
    Do you have a Mac? If so, are you running 10.5.6?
  5. iseeharvey thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2009
    Have a PC. The Apple mobile device was running. I stopped it then re-started it. Tried again to run Quickpwn. No luck again.
  6. wenglish macrumors member

Jun 12, 2008
    If you have a firewall you will need to allow QuickPwn through. If you're paranoid you could shut off your internet connection during the jailbreak.
  7. iseeharvey thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2009
    Thank you to everyone for your help. I got it working after the firewall suggestion. I did not have Zonealarm running during the process originally but when I started it and tried to unlock, Zonealarm asked to grant permission to the program, I did, and it worked. :confused: