Installed 5/6 icon dock now i can't get 6 to work.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thesquirrelmstr, Oct 17, 2010.

1. thesquirrelmstr macrumors newbie

I'm new to the jailbreak scene (just did it this afternoon) but I've run into a problem. I first installed the Five Icon Dock from Cydia. Then I went and installed the Six Icon Dock from Cydia without removing the Five (I know big mistake). I could only place 5 icons on the dock so I uninstalled Five Icon, however when I rebooted I could not install 6 only 4. Since then I tried reinstalling Six Icon and then removing it. Installing and removing Five Icon and when it is installed I can still place 5 icons on the dock i.e. it's working fine.

I also loaded up SBSettings with both of the the apps uninstalled and I can't find them under Mobile Substrate. I did a bit of searching and their may be a trace of Five Icon Dock but I don't know where to find that trace with SSH.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

you can always try infinidock. and if they are both uninstalled they shouldn't appear under mobilesubstrate in sbsettings

3. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

+1 for Infinidock. Six apps in the dock looks just right....

4. thesquirrelmstr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried InfiniDock but I can't even get that to work. I must have installed something while I was messing around with Five Icon and Six Icon that's screwing something up. I'm doing a full restore and I'll install each app one by one and see if I can figure out which app caused the conflict.

5. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

You didn't state what iPhone you are using or which OS? I'll assume you're at 4.1.

If you didn't know...there is a OS4 compatibility spreadsheet that has been referred to within the threads on MacRumors many times. Might prove useful to you.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tz1lkTAAwtDi_7HJxef0Vgg&toomany=true

6. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

you have to go under settings to configure infinidock.