Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Narien

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Ok, so I installed this program:
http://livestreamer.tanuki.se/en/latest/

using terminal commands. I belive the program installed as it should, but I can't start it they way the guide tells me to:
livestreamer twitch.tv/day9tv best
I get the error livestreamer: command not found

I'm guessing that this has to do with the fact that the program is not added to my shortcut list (.bash_profile). But I have no idea of how to add the path manually since I dont know where the program installed...

Is there a standard place programs like these are installed? Or perhaps someone not as retarded as me that understands where it installed?

Any help would be appreciated!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Ok, so I installed this program:
http://livestreamer.tanuki.se/en/latest/

using terminal commands. I belive the program installed as it should, but I can't start it they way the guide tells me to:
livestreamer twitch.tv/day9tv best
I get the error livestreamer: command not found

I'm guessing that this has to do with the fact that the program is not added to my shortcut list (.bash_profile). But I have no idea of how to add the path manually since I dont know where the program installed...

Is there a standard place programs like these are installed? Or perhaps someone not as retarded as me that understands where it installed?

Any help would be appreciated!
If it is installed, you should be able to locate it by a Finder search. Make your search term "livestreamer" and be sure to include System Files in your search criteria.

Narien

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Can not find the files, strange :S

----------

Ah! ok so pip couldn't install the program, it says permission denied, any idea of how to solve that?

Narien

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
needed sudo before the pip install livestreamer, everything fixed now, thanks for the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.